Monday 13 September 2010

Mama Made Monday

Look away now, Jen, if your package hasn't arrived yet.........



I love making things for new babies - there's something really special and emotive in knitting for someone who hasn't yet arrived. This hat is on its way to Joe, my third little nephew, who arrived safely just over two weeks ago. I am currently working on another little something to go with it too.
And the card matches the ones I made for Jack and Tommy when they were born.
I'm definitely more of a knitter than a sewer (although I'm not even really qualified to call myself a 'knitter' - I just like it!) but I do like occasional cross stitch. I customised a hand made paper card I got here, to act as the mount, and didn't do a particularly good job of it, but I think you can feel the love - which is the whole point after all.....

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely hat x (and card too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, what a lovely idea for a birth celebration card

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Ru. Beautiful card and hat received this morning. Thanks so, so much. Both are lovely, and I know will have been made with a huge amount of love and care. Will email you v soon with a full family update but in the meantime, a massive thank you :) xx Take care of yourselves. Lots and lots of love from us all xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete