Saturday 4 September 2010

Golden Temple, Lalitpur, Kathmandu

We all enjoyed the time we spent here.

The tortoises are guardians of the temple - I really wasn't sure about whether they should be touched - but the lady that the children met obviously thought it was ok.....

Oh, and the boy in the photo with Thom wasn't about to get Karate Kid on him - he was just kind of fidgeting about on the steps. Check out Thom's 'please leave me alone and don't make eye contact with me because I don't know you' squirm. He gets a lot of attention here (as do Eve and Noah) because of his colouring, so he does this squirm a fair bit. He's starting to get a bit more blase about it but I do still feel quite protective of him. He's my monkey boy!

The Tom and Jerry mural wasn't in the temple.........














2 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, the temple looks fabulous. Wow, what a fantastic experience.

    ReplyDelete