Friday 10 September 2010

Looking Up

I hope I can be excused by the puddles, mud and potholes - I spend most of my walking here focused firmly groundward.

But today - perhaps it was the novelty of blue skies - or the daydreaming afforded by boys snoozing in the pushchair - I lifted my gazes.

So, here to share are some of the sights: a typical Kathmandu building, but isolated, standing alone and overshadowed by the huge Chinese development behind it; a cucumber plant thriving on the side of another building; and another new development, with bamboo scaffolding. Can you see the builders near the top of it? It really made me catch my breath when I saw the, vertiginous on their behalf.



2 comments:

  1. Great to hear you so positive about this amazing experience you are undertaking! I have to say I am a teeny bit jealeous of your adventure and quite substantially in awe of your ability to cope! Well done you!

    Much love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks Rachel! But don't be in awe! - there are lots of very friendly, very helpful people here - Nepalis and expats alike - a brilliant support network.
    xx

    ReplyDelete