Sunday 25 April 2010

Camera Cosies

I haven't done a crafty post for ages, but not because I haven't been doing anything - I have really been enjoying my knitting. I am currently working on some trousers for Thom - my first project on circular needles - I promise to post a picture when they're done, however dodgy they turn out.....hmmmmm......

Here are 3 camera cosies I made recently. The pink one is for Eve who got my old camera for Christmas. It includes my first ever button hole, which I made rather a hash of - I guess I'll get better with practice....??
The orangey one's for my camera and the creamy one is a gift. They are both based on a pattern for a techno-cosy in the Stitch and Bitch book, but I didn't want a velcro fastening, so instead have used a thread of the yarn with a bead on the end to wind around a decorative button. It's only slightly fiddly and very effective as a closure. I am kind of chuffed to say that I got an 'order' for another one from a mate last night, too. I really like knitting them - so simple and quick - just right for a starter-outer.


2 comments:

  1. They're lovely; what a good idea. Buttonholes can be fiddly, sometimes I don't bother and just push the button through the knitting to stretch a hole instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are lovely, I love the colours of the one in the middle.
    x

    ReplyDelete