Sunday 31 October 2010

Hallowe'en Nepali Style

I've been struggling a bit to get my head around the season-changes here - there doesn't seem to be an Autumn (or at least not as I recognise it) which is a shame because I do so love it. It's colder at night now, and first thing in the morning, but there are still flowers everywhere. So Eve went off into the garden to collect some to float for the dining table. They're gorgeous, eh, but not very Hallowe'eny......
We have been crafting a wee bit too - more traditional Hallowe'en things - we painted pumpkins, outside though because it was such a lovely day; then had a bath to wash the paint off (I think my photo preserves Thom's privacy, but might have to remove it if it doesn't); then made little lanterns with tissue paper, PVA and little 15 rupee glasses from Saleways because we haven't been here long enough to've collected enough jam jars yet.







And here are a few party pictures - we went to the Hallowe'en party at the Phora Durber. Thom was so excited he was determined to run to catch our lift - then fell over just as I took the photo, poor little chops. There was potion making, face painting, gorgeous food, a scary walk which is clearly still haunting poor Noah Boots, and then trick or treating - which went down so well with the littles, is almost expunged the terror of the scary walk.....





1 comment: