Saturday 1 May 2010

Instead of taking a shower

I am pretty stubborn about lots of things and one of these is that I get to have a shower every morning. But - today I decided we had more important things to do. I had driven past a family of geese and goslings at a nearby lake on the way to work during the week, and decided then that I really wanted the littles to see them as they all love animals so much. So I left Harv in bed and piled them into the car nice and early and we went off to see them.

And met some rather more scary geese while we were there. Noah was VERY eager to shoo them away; Eve was much shyer, hiding behind my legs. And Thom just laughed at them because he was safe up on my back.....

We were the only family around - there were a few dog walkers but it was blissfully peaceful, and the only sunny hour or so in an otherwise grey and rainy day.

Definitely better than a shower.





1 comment:

  1. Those are lovely photos. I agree, it's important, I think, to take full advantage of the little impromptu things that crop up in life and show them to children. If the moon is really pretty, well so what if bedtime is delayed a quarter of an hour while you get the binoculars out and likewise, if a sunset is very beautiful, then tea can wait a few extra minutes. It's important to step out of routine and enjoy things like this if we can. I love watching geese, the ones in Centerparcs are very smart, they tap on the window to remind you that the food has run out and I love the way that they nibble so gently when you get to feed them by hand.

    ReplyDelete