Wednesday 12 May 2010

Happy Days

Kathmandu preparations are ongoing but a bit tedious - vaccinations which are hideously expensive, hard to get hold of, but very necessary, have been preying on my mind quite a bit over the last week or so - so it's nice to look back over the past week and see that we've managed to do lots of lovely things as well as get sore arms / bottoms!

We went over to Ellesmere sculpture trail last week which was a lovely adventure - with just the right amount of hills and things to explore for littler legs.









And we found our first (real) bluebells of the year.

On Wednesday morning Noah Boots and I spent a happy couple of hours at the table while Eve was at school and Thom was asleep. Noah did a fair bit of cutting and sticking, trying out the lefty scissors for the first time - and I sorted out my sewing / crafty drawer. And found the lovely Peter Rabbit sampler I started 7 years ago - the shame........! What are my chances - I hope I'll finish it while we're in Nepal as I think I should have more time... Hmmm...... Maybe it's a kick up the butt that I actually need......



Loved this - evidence that Harv had a little helper for the pizza making on Friday night.

We had a great weekend at Carl and Helen's - on the Sunday we walked 'somewhere' beautiful in the Peak District. I am ashamed to say I don't know where.....
We all loved it though - chilly, ridiculously so at first - but it was just what we needed.



Eve and Noah had lots of fun running around and jumping over mossy humps with their cousin James, and Thom watched. I think he was maybe a bit jealous of all the running around - but he does love being snuggled up on my back.







We played hide and seek and even found a ruined castle.





No comments:

Post a Comment