Saturday 27 February 2010

Just a few things

I thought I could use this blog to remember our normal life and normal days - so if I feel yearning or homesick in Kathmandu, I can look at some pictures of 'home' and either feel a bit better (maybe), or blub (more likely), so - have a look around our house.... Here's the dining room, with Thom's first birthday cards hanging on the 'washing line', and Harv doing some kind of Kathmandu-preparation. The children were all playing in the sitting room when I took this photo, putting jam on the sofa or similar.....

And here's the view inside from my back door:

And the view outside on Saturday last week - I am a bit obsessed by this tree, aren't I? But it just looked SO stunning laden with all the snow, I feel justified in sharing.

Poor Thom's still got a poorly ear - still oozing after 4 lots of antibiotics :( Admittedly he wouldn't take two of them. And I don't blame him, poor little chap - honestly, given the hideous amounts of money sloshing around pharmaceutical companies and the huge r&d departments, you'd think something could be done somewhere about the taste of flucloxacillin. It actually tastes poisonous - not merely nasty, but as though it might actually kill you..... So - like I said I'm not surprised it made my little chap sick.

And finally, quite a bit of this going on - parcels of 'things' going off to new owners, as I start to whittle down to the things we'll actually be taking with us. I'm getting a bit addicted to ebaying... Whenever I have things for sale I keep checking how many watchers I've got, and how much the bidding's up to. I'm so sad - I do try to be disciplined about it but no - there I go checking again......bah!

3 comments:

  1. I am living abroad well just in scotland but for me its abroad as I am from germany. At times I get very homesick and miss my family much. I try to go home every year but sometimes its not possible due to lack of funds. There are bound to be times when you feel very homesick but its such a chance to see something different for a few years. My husband is due to be moving on with his job soon and we haven't been told yet where we will be going. Will you rent your house out while you are away? It looks lovely.

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vanessa, yes we're going to rent to some friends of ours. Hopefully they'll really like it and stay for a few years (Harv's contract is for 3 years). We're not sure what we'll do at the end of that time but it'll be nice to have a house to come back to. Must be exciting but unsettling knowing you are going to be moving but not where - hope it turns out to be somewhere lovely for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ruth,

    it is exciting in one way but very unsettling as well. I am quite used to moving as we do it regulary every 2 or 3 years. My biggest dream would be for us to be able to live a few years in norway. Keeping my fingers crossed - maybe this time!

    ReplyDelete