Wednesday 6 January 2010

Mummy I lub you....

....is what Noah-boots said to me for the first time the other day. Whilst giving very me a very wriggly, squirmy cuddle. Cue mummy's damp eyes and wobbly bottom lip....

It's been a bit of a crazy Christmas break - it's not easy having such energetic children inside most of the day. And even when really wrapped up they just don't want to stay outside for that long.
I'll post some lovely photos tomorrow - I just wanted to make a start of thinking over the last couple of weeks.

Thom and I spent Christmas Eve night on Children's Ward via A&E after he sneaked off up the stairs when I (bad mother) accidentally left the stair gate open for approximately 3 minutes. He fell all the way back down, bloodied his nose and bashed a BIG bump onto his head. An hour or so later I started panicing that his pupils were different sizes - so called newdoc.....who advised A&E.....which mercifully wasn't too busy..... I was reassured when the doctor told me she was happy that he was ok but there was a general concensus that we should stay in for observation.
So Thom and I spent his first Christmas Eve night on Rainbow ward. I was pretty upset to miss Eve and Noah and their early morning excitement, but there were also lots of things to be grateful for - Thom was fine; Father Christmas still found him and left a little Teddy for him! (So kind and thoughtful!); the paediatrician didn't wait for rounds but came and discharged us extra early at 7.15 so we were home for 8am. Whoop!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh hun, glad everything was ok. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad Thom was ok and you got a family Christmas altogether eventually
    Lou xx

    ReplyDelete