Thursday 7 January 2010

Eve's First Day at School


Here in Shropshire there is a dual intake system, so children born from January don't begin Reception until after Christmas. I don't know of anywhere else in the country that still does this. So - Eve was very excited about starting. She wanted to see her friends again, as she knows all the children already in Reception aka Acorn Class, as well as those starting with her, from pre-school which she's been attending for a whole year now. She was also DESPERATE to wear her uniform. Most of the children wore uniform to pre-school but I always encouraged Eve to wear her normal (& lovely as opposed to dull!) clothes. 'Why don't I wear a uniform, Mummy?' she asked once. 'Well, you'll probably be wearing a school uniform almost every day for the next 11 years,' I said. She thought this was hilarious. 'You'll probably get fed up of it,' I continued, 'so you might as well enjoy wearing your own lovely, bright clothes for a bit longer.....' She assured me that she would NEVER get fed up of her uniform. Hmmmmm..... We'll see about that when she's 14, eh.....
Anyway, here she is, almost ready to go - just add woollies, wellies and a coat. Miss assured me that she had had a good day when I arrived at hometime. They all went out to play in the snow for the last 20 minutes, so she was pretty cold and subdued when I collected her as the snow had gone over into her wellies and the poor mite had wet, very cold feet. A big cuddle, woolly slippers, a digestive biscuit and an apple soon sorted her out. 'A bit disappointing,' was how she described it... :( Hoping for more bounciness tomorrow.....

3 comments:

  1. Awww bless, I hope she has a better day today, hugs to Eve xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, hope she enjoys her day better today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cold, wet feet would diasappoint me too! Hope things are better next week. xx

    ReplyDelete