Wednesday 27 July 2011

Harry Potter's Friend

Eve being the ripe old age of six, we are fully into Harry Potter territory. Mummy and Daddy even got a night out at the cinema last night to watch the last film of the series. It is, as the mum of three small children, rather lovely to have wands to offer as an imaginative alternative to swords, whenever the inevitable sticks are picked up and wielded..... 'Swoosh!' they go, making no bodily contact. Phew......
But to get to the point - one girl, two boys = perfect Harry Pottering play. It's just that Thom, the little one, is Harry Potter, (obviously Eve is Hermione), and Noah is Ron. "I'm Harry Potter's friend," he tells me, with a pride that grazes my heart. There are not many older brothers who would say that, are there...?

4 comments:

  1. Sounds lovely, and awwww your his friend ;-)

    Has Eve watched any of the films? Just curious as Imogen is nearly 6 and talks of Harry Potter but she thinks she is too young still to watch them and I'm in two minds about it (as it's a cert 12) - think the later ones are a bit scary for a youngster but just wondered if Eve has watched any and if she seems okay with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn, Eve and Noah have both watched the first two films - with either me or Harv or Grandma. I wouldn't leave them to watch it alone as I would with Charlie and Lola etc... And yeah, I think the later ones are too scary (by quite a long way!) for them... Will watch the third one with Harv one night - not sure how scary it is - is it the one with the spiders?? Don't think they'll watch it for another year or so......x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, will have to look at watching the early ones maybe then, agree about the later ones. Would only let her watch it with me so we could skip bits if necessary ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phoebe has watched 1, 2 and 3 with me. I think the 3rd is a little too old for her actually. 1 and 2 are just magical though and although dark in some parts (we fast-forward a little on some bits!). The later ones scare me! I went to the flicks with my friend a few weeks back to see the final one - awesome, but soooo dark. Defo not for littlies! xxx

    ReplyDelete