Sunday 24 July 2011

Greeners on Tour - Himley

I used to go to Himley as a kid, - I think me and most of my friends learnt to ride a bicycle on the long stretch of tarmac you see below. So it was particularly sweet and poignant that Evie pushed herself off, started pedalling and wehey!! (Courtesy of the boys' balance bike in KTM, I think....)





Then we walked up past the ponds and through the woods. I used to walk this way as a teenager, on my own, sometimes, just to get away from the Suburbia. I had to lift Thom up to show him the beauty of the cornfield and the oak tree. His first memories might be of Kathmandu, but I want there to be an 'undercoat' of the English countryside that I love so much.





Here are the three rascals with Grandma and Grandad Foxy, and Foxy the dog. (They used to be known as Grandma and Grandad Toby, but Toby the Jack Russell died a couple of years ago - Foxy is his successor- my kids are very factual, and not very sentimental.)







No comments:

Post a Comment