Friday 19 March 2010

Happy Birthday Eve




My beautiful first born was five this week. She really enjoyed her special day; we had Grandma Rosemary and Grandad Brian staying, and my mum and dad came to visit for an hour too - Evie loves spending time with her family. And she had received lots of cards and parcels through the post over the past week, which I had sneaked away to hide. She was so generous - happily sharing her presents, so that Noah and Thom could open some too.
We swam with a small group of friends in the afternoon and had a birthday tea in the cafe at the leisure centre, with pass the parcel and a fab cake made by Grandma. I tried very hard not to think about how much we're going to miss everyone.
Harv took some lovely photos of the birthday girl and friends playing; I took a handful in the morning but then was (happily) a bit too wrapped up in the rest of the day. I will try to remember to sneak a few off Harv...
In the mean time, Happy Birthday, sweet girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment