Friday 20 November 2009

No photos....

I haven't posted before without a photo but for various reasons I am today (in process of swapping laptops and cameras - I'm such a Luddite...) This has stopped me from posting things I've wanted to - so I'm just going to get on with it - a bit of general catching up.
Very exciting news is that Eve is Whoops-a-daisy angel in the nursery Christmas play. She's been singing and practising a bit and is completely unphased by it - I am really looking forward to watching it. She starts school (in the next door classroom) after Christmas too, so this is a really nice note for her to leave nursery on. Today she wore her pyjamas for Comic Relief day, and took in her little butterfly purse with 50p to give to her teacher for the 'poorly children'.
Noah is talking in sentences now - and clear enough for friends and family to understand - Mummy, I'd like cookie, I fell down and bashed nose, Evie really funny. But the funniest thing he's said this week was on Sunday as we were leaving the swimming pool. Four youngish men were going in, wearing various scarves and bandanas. Noah stopped in his tracks, beamed at them and then turned to me, nodding wisely, 'Pirates' he said then ran off after Harv and Eve.
And Thom has somehow managed to burst his eardrum! I knew something was up on Wednesday as his ear was a bit leaky but our GP could see no sign of infection so we put it down to swimming at the weekend. Yesterday was a little gunkier, but Thom was a perfectly happy little fellow and I kept reassuring myself that the GP was happy with him. This morning, about 9am, was bleurgh! Thom was still perfectly happy and had slept through the night - NO sign of pain at all!! But GP said, in spite of the overwhelming lack of other sympyoms - pain, fever, screaming, listlessness) he has probably burst his eardrum. It will heal itself in a couple of weeks all being well - and as it's already burst the antibiotics prescription probably won't be needed. Dr F said that I have very stoical children......
But that's the irony of children, isn't it - Noah's ears have been inspected countless times to check for glue ear and infection etc as cleftie babies are so prone to it - and it's Thom the non-cleftie who gets the poorly ear!
And finally me - my physio referral for my knee pain over the summer has worked WONDERS - I had an appointment at 8am today for massage and ultrasound - no waiting, fantastic treatment, a lovely chat with Beth, my physio, and even though I've been thinking of my knee as 'healed' for weeks and weeks it really does feel even better since this morning. I LOVE our local orthopaedic hospital!!

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear what you've been up to. I love the idea of Whoops a daisy angel!! Hope it all goes well it sounds like it will be lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete