Sunday 22 November 2009

In my garden

I know experienced gardeners know there's still a fair bit going on in the garden at this time of year, but it came as a bit of a surprise to me - I took 'proper' notice a couple of days ago.... a late nasturtium, still battling on; our mysterious purple-flowering shrub (looks a bit like a buddlia but my mum says not) - on its second or third flowering of this year; purple sprouting broccoli waiting to get sprouting; and a passion flower.





And Harv made a shelter to keep the wood for our fire pit dry. Unfortunately the wind has torn off the roof of it since I took this photo :( but I guess it'll be fairly easy to fix. I wonder when we'll be able to have another fire - feels a VERY long way off this weekend as it's been so stormy, but hopefully there'll be a nice stil, bright, crisp Autumn day along soon.....


1 comment:

  1. I think your mysterious purple shrub might be a Hebe. It looks like one anyway, I will dig out my gardening book to confirm.

    ReplyDelete