Thursday 19 May 2011

Seasonal Stairs

Have a look around a bit more of our house....

We have a big open marble staircase. Rather Footballers' Wives, and at odds with the fact that we often don't have electricity to light the bloody thing! It's acoustically challenging too - imagine three small people in the hallway on the ground floor 'discussing' whose turn it is to read the pirate book...... To say it hurts my ears and my soul might sound a bit of an overstatement, but gah!!

Anyhow, there is an alcove on the first floor that was empty for ages as I didn't know what to do with it. Then it finally dawned on me that it would be a good home for the season table and so it has become a sort of season corner....





This is probably the oddest bit of the house. Where else to dry the laundry during monsoon? There isn't a designated laundry, so here's were it all drips / steams - just slightly incongruous at the top of a FW staircase, but hey...... This is all our swimming clobber - absolutely loving swimming at the moment: the rascals adore it and it is keeping me sane in the heat.


And here's the view from the top. Still gives me goose bumps looking over it. I have checked that Thom's head DOES NOT fit between the bannisters several times, but still.....


So there you have it - the staircase...!

1 comment: