Thursday 3 March 2011

Baking

This is a sight that makes me happy....

We have 10 hours of electricity in 24 at the moment, so getting organised and lucky enough to have ingredients in the house, electricity to power the oven (to my knowledge, there are no gas ovens in Kathmandu), and a sensible stretch of time in which to do it all - well.... Let's just say Noah and I were pretty chuffed with ourselves. Mincemeat flapjack, peanut butter cookies (some with chocolate, some without), and the very popular cheesey biscuits. And check out my tiddly surface top oven...






And while we were baking, Thom was gardening.




Noah took my camera for a walk around the garden a bit later, and took these:






Yeah, yeah, I know I'm his mum, but I was rather impressed..!

And here's just a bit of self-indulgence - come on, it's not very often I have such smart and ungrubby rascals to show off! Thank you Grandma Rosemary, for the new, smart outfits!




1 comment:

  1. Mincemeat flapjacks sound wonderful! Might have to try that, just to use up all the mincemeat I have left from Christmas! ;)

    ReplyDelete