Monday 24 January 2011

Mama Made Monday

So proud of this! I made a loaf from scratch and by hand for the first time ever! Yes, I know some people do this every day, but I don't..... We had a bread machine in the UK, and since we have been in Nepal, we have been buying loaves from various bakeries on the school run, the most exciting being the Secret Bakery which I will tell you about another time...
Anyhow, the bread - it was much easier than I thought. The recipe was very simple, and the kneading, which is what had put me off so far, was actually enjoyable, theraputic, mesmerising....
The most difficult bit is finding somewhere warm for the dough to prove - and co-ordinating it all within a period of electricity provision, (our oven is electric).
Tasted fanstic and only lasted a couple of hours!

1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious; you will have to make another tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete