Sunday 27 September 2009

My bargain yarns and my beginner's knitting






My lovely Thom in his jumper, hat and scarf - don't look too closely - slightly wonky in various places, but the overall effect is kind of engaging.....; my bargains - gorgeous yarns all for £9; I have even cleared a drawer to keep all my knitting things in - I LOVE finding / creating storage space; and what will become a hat for Kez's bump who is due on my birthday - it's very exciting knitting for someone who hasn't arrived yet - I like thinking lovely things for Kez and her birth and her baby as I'm knitting.

2 comments:

  1. That jumper and hat are really lovely, I have come to realise that hand-made things shouldn't be absolutely perfect like a factory made item would be, but as each stitch was a separate action, done by a human hand, I think the final garment is soo much more special, even if it does have the odd bit of wonkiness. I think it looks perfect in the picture anyway!

    Brilliant wool finds, I especially love the mottled red wool that is on your needles, really unusual and pretty pattern it is creating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that with hand knitting you are thinking about the person that you are knitting for, it's like it truly is 'made with love' I like to think that some of the happy, positive vibes that have gone into the knitting are noticed by the recipient!!! Love the hat and scarf set!

    ReplyDelete